Effective Date: February 10, 2015
To be specific, this Policy describes how we use information collected through websites, text messaging, phone calls, webforms, mobile sites and applications (“apps”) and other services (collectively, “GroundSource’s Services”).
When you use GroundSource’s Services, you agree to be bound by this Policy and its terms and conditions. This Policy applies to any information that GroundSource collects and/or uses, which includes yours and sources’ personal information (i.e. information that identifies a specific person) and non-personal information (i.e. browser and software information, demographics and service usage).
GroundSource’s Services are for a general audience, and are not targeted to children. GroundSource does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
GroundSource and our service providers collect two types of information from and about users and sources (collectively, “your information”):
(1) Information you voluntarily give to GroundSource, for example, by providing your email address, phone number, or by signing up to use our community messaging platform; and
(2) Information that is automatically gathered when you navigate our website as a visitor, or when you “like” or share our content through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or other social media websites and services (“Social Media Services”). This automatically-gathered information may be collected directly by GroundSource or by third-party service providers on our behalf.
IF YOU CREATE MESSAGES AND SURVEYS:
- You own your survey and messaging data. We won’t sell information you gather on the site and won’t use messages shared between you and your sources for purposes unrelated to you or our services. We may from time to time use information you have gathered over the platform in the aggregate to inform marketing efforts or to improve the system. Any personal or contact information sources share with your organization is yours to export and do with as you will. If you would like to download your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We safeguard respondents' contact information. To make it easier to message people and ask them questions, you may upload lists of contacts and phone numbers. We act as a custodian of that data and won’t sell any contact information and will use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
IF YOU ANSWER SURVEYS OR MESSAGES:
Information You Provide When Making a Payment
GroundSource is committed to protecting our customer’s personal information and will never sell or lease any customer information. GroundSource collects and uses the personal information from its customers that is given to us for internal use only.
From time to time, we might track information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, credit card information, information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information, and information provided by the customer in the form of comments and suggestions.
GroundSource uses customer information to create accurate budget projections and to update customers on our plans and activities that match their interests. GroundSource stores customer and donation information in a secure database for IRS purposes, and this information is shared confidentially with board members and authorized staff.
GroundSource may trade or share customer information with other entities when the customer has given her consent or it is required by law. customers have the choice to opt out of mailing lists and communications and can do so by contacting GroundSource at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Get Automatically
In addition to information you voluntarily give to GroundSource, we also may get some of your information automatically as you navigate through our website or other of GroundSource’s Services. For example, in order for you to connect to GroundSource’s Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access GroundSource’s Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device. We also obtain the following information automatically:
- IP Address. We use IP addresses to learn how often site users visit parts of our website. We might combine that information with personally identifiable information that we have collected to improve our website and communications.
- Web beacons and other technologies. These technologies help us track where users visited on the site and other user behaviors.
The information we collect automatically may be combined with information that is personally identifiable and information from other sources, such as publicly available information from Social Media Services and commercially available sources a so that we may improve our site.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
GroundSource might use information about you for the following purposes:
- to maintain your account, deliver services or products that you requested, and to improve your experience on our website;
- to communicate with you about the website, GroundSource’s community based journalism network, or other products or services that you might be interested in;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to perform analysis to improve the quality of our organization, the website, and the products we offer; or
- for other purposes when you have given your consent.
GroundSource also takes serious precautions to guard your information and will never lease, sell or trade your information without your explicit permission. We may, however, share or use your information for the following additional purposes:
To allow service providers to assist us in providing and managing GroundSource’s Services. We may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide GroundSource’s Services, for example, website maintenance and support, payment processing, email distribution and promotions management. These service providers may not use personal information for any purpose other than in connection with the specific service they are providing to you and GroundSource or as required by law. Use of your personal information by these third party vendors is governed by their own privacy policies and procedures and not by this Policy.
To contact you. We may periodically send you notifications related to GroundSource’s Services. You may not opt out of certain technical updates or policy-related notifications, but you may always opt out of any promotional materials.
To protect the rights of GroundSource and others. There may be instances when we may disclose your information, including situations where we has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of GroundSource; (ii) protect the safety, privacy, and security of users of GroundSource’s Services or members of the public including in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) comply with the law or legal process; or (v) respond to requests from public and government authorities.
GroundSource uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, because no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of our servers or databases, those of third party service providers or Social Media Services.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
California Residents. Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at: email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
6. CONTACT US
Mail: 1483 Oglethorpe St, Macon, Georgia 31201